Call Before You Dig

The last thing you want is to damage an underground line.

Call before you dig. All operators of buried facilities are registered with the one-call centre and it is always best to "Call Before You Dig". Prior to any ground disturbance it is your responsibility to call the "Alberta One Call Centre" to have a list of members notified on your behalf.  This will save you time and money.

Sewer and Water services from the property line to a building are owned by the landowner, not the municipalities. The town will have records on the location of the water distribution lines (main lines) located in the road allowance or in utility right of ways.

The town will identify and mark the "curb stop", a valve that is on the water service line, usually located at the property line.  In most situations, the sewer service is parallel to and fairly close to the water service and generally 6 to 8 feet deep.

For more information visit the Alberta One-Call website or call them toll free.

Alberta One-Call   1-800-242-3447

Alberta One Call