Dial 911 for Fire, Police or Medical Emergencies.
Our community is appreciative of the devoted members on the Fire Department. These firemen are always ready to go 24/7.
The fire department consist of a full time Regional Fire Chief and Volunteer Firefighters. They provide fire protection and rescue services for the Town of McLennan and support for the other fire departments in the M.D. of Smoky River.
The duties of a Firefighter include
- respond to fire call outs and provide suppression for structural, vehicle, wildland and interface fires;
- provide emergency rescue services including vehicle extrication, wildland/off highway rescue, as well as assist the RCMP;
- participate in department training with respect to emergency equipment and emergency procedures
Check our Facebook Page for up to date information
Interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter? If your community focus is safety and you want to help others then fill out an application form. Drop off your application form at the McLennan town office or mail it to the Regional Fire Chief.
Do you want to be part of an organization that stands up for its community and do it with people who are some of the best you’ll ever meet.
What's in it for you?
- Community Involvement
- Paid "Career" Training
- Being part of a Professional Team
- Personal Satisfaction & Accomplishments
- And much more
- Bi-Weekly every 2nd and 4th Wednesday night (18:45 - 21:15)
- Various training courses as offered
- 18 years of age
- Able to satisfactory pass a drivers record search
- Able to satisfactory pass a criminal record search
- Physically fit
Regional Fire Chief
Smoky River Fire Department