2012 Residential Utility Rates
|Water (up to 9m3)||$35.88|
Each additional cubic meter above 9m3 of water is $2.63m3
Utility bills are mailed out the first week of each month and payment in full is due on the last day of the month.
To set up a utility contact the Town Office at 780-324-3065. We will require your street address, mailing address, phone number and move in date. A town employee will then read your water meter on the date you move in, and billing will begin from that point. All utility accounts require a $150 deposit, due on the move in date.
- McLennan ATB Financial
- Online or Telephone Banking (Does not apply to TD Bank Customers)
- Please allow 3 business days before due date to ensure payments are received on time.
- If you move within the Town of McLennan your account number will change.
- In person at the town office we accept cash, cheque or money order.
- Pre-Authorized Utility Payment
- Your total Utility Bill will be withdrawn from your bank account automatically on the last business day of the month.
- This service is available at any time. Under the Online Services tab print off a form then fax it to 780-324-2288 or drop it off at the town office.
- Mail Payment – Make your cheque or money order payable to “Town of McLennan”
Town of McLennan
A 5% penalty is applied the day after the Due Date on any outstanding balance.
If you misplace your utility bill or you haven’t received your utility bill by the 15th of the month contact us at 780-324-3065 for a copy as these reasons cannot be accepted as a reason for non-payment or exemption from penalty.
WATER DISCONNECT - Please be aware you may be disconnected from the water service if your account has been outstanding for more than 60 days. You will receive a letter outlining your account details as well as a disconnect date. If disconnected there is a Disconnect and Reconnect Fee of $250.00, and the FULL balance must be paid in order to be reconnected.
It is your responsibility to contact the town office at 780-324-3065 with your move-out date, and if applicable a new mailing address. A town employee will then read your water meter and a final bill will be mailed to you. Your utility deposit will be refunded less your final bill.
If you are moving within the Town of McLennan you are still required to contact the town office with your new street address. This will enable us to bill you for the water you are using at your new place and not for water someone is using at your former place of resident.