How does the Town handle barking Complaints?
Have you taken the time to talk to your neighbor? Many problems can be resolved before coming to the town to make a complaint. Neighbors typically want the same thing; a safe and harmonious neighborhood. If you have spoken to your neighbor and things have not been resolved, the next step may be to submit a complaint
A complaint cannot be made anonymously and must be completed by yourself. Complaints will remain confidential. An Officer may contact you to appear as a witness should the matter go to court.
- A written complaint must be submitted to the Town office and Bylaw Enforcement Officers will investigate on a case-by-case basis.
- Specific dates, times and duration of barking are required and should be detailed on the complaint form.
- A warning and short time period is given to pet owners to resolve the problem.
- Bylaw Enforcement Officers will discuss options with the pet owners to help prevent further barking complaints.
- The fine for excessive barking is $100.00.