Emergency Phone Numbers & Steps
Being prepared when you make that call is important.
Here is a list of numbers and steps that will help you in an emergency situation.
Emergency Numbers & Steps
Dial 911 for Fire, Police or Ambulance Emergencies
POISON CENTRE 1-800-332-1414 or if busy call 1-403-944-1414
HEALTH LINK ALBERTA 1-866-408-5465
ATCO GAS 1-800-511-3447
ATCO POWER 1-800-668-5506
ENVIRONMENTAL ACCIDENTS: 1-800-222-6514
Town of McLennan Administration: 780-324-3065
Town of McLennan Public Works: 780-837-0039
Government of Alberta Emergency Numbers: www.alberta.ca
Six Things to Tell the Operator When You Need Help
- Who you need - Police, Fire or Ambulance
- Where you need the help (your address)
- What is happening now
- How did it happen
- When did it happen
- Your name
- Teach everyone in your family how to make emergency calls.
- If you accidentally call 911, stay on the line so the operator knows that help is not needed; otherwise, the operator will notify the Police to investigate.
Have the following information by your phone
- The 911 number
- Your Street Address
- Your Home Phone Number and Cell Phone Numbers
- Directions to your home from the Police Station and Fire Hall