Housing & Property
Helpful Tips when Moving In
Moving In – Quick Start Checklist
Settling into a new place can be stressful, here is a list of resources that can assist you when making McLennan home.
Remember: *When contacting your service provider for the first time, have your civic address available as they will require this information.
There are many different retail companies to use for power and gas, as well as choices for deregulated and contract pricing. Please see the link below for the Utilities Consumer Advocate for more information on retail companies and the right option that may available for you.
To compare and find out what electrical and gas providers are available for our area check out the Utilities Consumer Advocate website at https://ucahelps.alberta.ca/residential.aspx. This website also provides information for tenants and utility set up.
Electrical and Gas Contract Tip Sheet http://www.servicealberta.ca/pdf/tipsheets/Electricity_and_Natural_Gas_Contracts.pdf
ATCO Electric Distribution Lines & Emergencies
- Power Distribution, New Lines, Meter Reads 1-800-668-2248
- For 24 Hour Emergency Power Repair 1-800-668-5506
ATCO GAS Distribution Lines & Emergencies
- Gas Service Line Alterations, Installations 310-5678 or 780-837-5105
- For 24 Hour Emergency Gas Services 1-800-511-3447
- Telus Communications - 310-2255
- Xplore Inc - 877-605-3106
No cable service is available in McLennan. Contact a satellite provider.
- I want wireless – High Speed Internet for Urban or Rural locations 780-324-3706
- Telus Communications 310-2255
- Xplore Inc - Residential & Commercial Wireless Internet 877-605-3106
- The Town of McLennan uses a central box location for mail. Please contact Canada Post to obtain a new mail box and number.
- McLennan Canada Post 780-324-3923
To receive your free library card, please stop in at the McLennan Municipal Library at 19 – 1 Avenue NW.