The Town of McLennan is responsible for maintaining sewer mains and manholes.
These are located in public right of ways and Town owned easements.
Multiple backed up sewer lines in an area and overflowing manholes are considered an emergency.
Be prepared to provide your name, phone number and civic address and STATE YOU ARE REPORTING A SEWER PROBLEM. Select the appropriate number to call for the fastest response listed below.
- 780-324-3065 Weekdays, 8:30am to 4:30pm, Town Administration Office.
- 780-837-0039 After 4:30pm, on weekends and on holidays.
- Call the Town.
Remember to call the Town first, before calling a plumber. The town will response to check if this is a problem with the sewer main line. If it is a main sewer line that is blocked, the Town will clean the line as quickly as possible.
- Call a plumber.
If this the problem is not located in the main line, and it is determined that the problem lies within your private sewer line, public works will advise you to contact a plumber.
In the meantime. Consider doing…
- Shut off any appliances (washing machines, dishwashers) operating that could be emptying into the sewer.
- Plug up or stop up any water fixtures like bathtubs, sinks, floor drains and close lids on toilets.
- If there is any sewer backup, insure to keep children and pets away from the affected area.
- Unplug any electrical devices or appliances that could be in the affected area.
- Move uncontaminated items away from affected area.