Address: 19 – 1 st Avenue N.W. - P.O. Box 356 - McLennan, AB T0H 2L0 - Phone: 780-324-3065
Water & Sewage - Town of McLennan
Home » SERVICES » Water & Sewage

Water Services

The Town of McLennan provides water services for its residents from our own water treatment plant here in McLennan, we offer a variety of account types from commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential by application.  If you have questions, please contact the Town Office at 780-324-3065.

Utility Rates

Utility Fees
Water: $20.00 flat water charge + $4.00 per cubic meter
Truck Fill: $8.00 per cubic meter (Bulk Water)
Sewer: $25.67 Residential / $48.41 Commercial
Garbage: $23.50 Residential services only
Recycling: $8.67 Residential services only

Paying your Utility Bill

A resident can expect to see a flat water charge, water consumption charges, garbage, sewer and recycling fees on their monthly bill.
Water utility billing cycles are calculated from the first to the last day of each month and are typically mailed within the first week of the following month.  Payments are due by the last day of each month.

Options to Pay:   
Payments can be made at the Town Office by cash, cheque  or through a resident’s banking provider online.  A pre-authorized payment option is available.

Online or Telephone Banking
Please allow 3 business days before due date to ensure payments are received on time. If you move within the Town of McLennan your account number will change. In person at the town office we accept cash, cheque or e-transfer to

Pre-Authorized Utility Payment

Your total Utility Bill will be withdrawn from your bank account automatically on the last business day of the month. This service is available at any time.  Print off a Pre-Authorized Debit Form  
then fax it to 780-324-2288 or drop it off at the town office.

Mail Payment – Make your cheque payable to:
Town of McLennan

Box 356, McLennan, AB, T0H 2L0
Please allow one week for mail delivery.

Sewer Services

The Town of McLennan is responsible for maintaining sewer mains and manholes. 
These are located in public right of ways and Town owned easements.

If the sewer problem is not located in the main line, and it is determined that the problem lies within your private sewer line, public works will advise you to contact a plumber.